cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR recorded shows

smiller777

When I start watching a recorded show there is a clicking and buzzing and commercial before the show actually starts. Why?

2 REPLIES 2

mattro

TiVo plays an ad before DVR recordings now and I have never noticed a buzzing noise from my box. I would suggest going into the settings and try resetting the box from there.

MediacomTom

Hello smiller777. The hard-drive is engaging when you initiate watching a recording, so the sound is most likely due to that starting up.  If you notice any issues with your box accessing recordings or the noise becomes loud enough that you feel it warrants a technician to look at or replace please log into our App or SMS text us at 66554 for an appointment.

Commercials prior to recordings are enabled by default. These ads can be skipped by pressing any of the buttons(listed below) during the playback of the pre-roll ad regardless of play point and transitions immediately to the playback of the recording:
− Channel Up
− Fast-Forward
− Advance
− D
− SELECT/OK
If you continue to experience problems or issues with your equipment and would like to troubleshoot this further, please let us know.