cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't Connect to IMAP Server (Mchsi) & "mail.mediacombb.net" not a valid server

David
Visitor

Using Apple Mail on my iMac, and the SMTP account is connected to the server but the IMAP account remains offline. Have tried everything I can thing of (restart computer, reenter account name and password, try different account names). Nothing seems to work. I'm also getting frequent messages that "mail.mediacombb.net" isn't a valid server. 

24 REPLIES 24

I also called and was told someone would call me back. No call yet and my email is tied to tons of stuff so need it desperately 

After I deleted the accounts and added them back in, and then accepted the certificates, the problems resolved. Haven't had any problems since then.

I still have problems on my Mac. Eventually I get the emails but it often times out and have to continue to recheck before I get the mail.

Yes.

JG
Visitor

Still having this problem. If I can access the account it often doesn't download anything for 30 minutes - 2 hours. If I'm waiting for a response or code from some place I have to check my iPad. Very inconsistent as to when email down loads. Haven't resorted to removing the account and trying to add it back. Apple says it is a Mediacom problem. Asked a tech when he was here. He didn't know how to do that  but reset my modem connection and deleted passwords I had for my neighbor and other places. I didn't know until I was visiting someone and trying to use their internet.  My internet runs slower now.