cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CAREER CORNER: Mastering the Behavioral Interview

KerrySullivan

Beh Interview.jpg

A hot trend in interviewing has been the "Behavioral Interview." But what is it? It's an interview with questions for job seekers focusing on how you have or would IDENTIFY, RESOLVE, CONCLUDE, PRIORITIZE, or SOLVE a situation. If you have answered questions such as...

Tell me about a time when...

Give me an example of....

How would you...

...that is the type of interview we are discussing today! Many candidates ask me how to best prepare for a Behavioral Interview. Here is my advice:

Research: Identify the Top 10 Behavioral interview questions. Start here*:

1. Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.
  2. How do you handle a challenge? Give an example.
  3. Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?
  4. Give an example of how you set goals.
  5. Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.
  6. Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular, and explain how you handled implementing it.
  7. Give an example of how you worked on a team.
  8. What do you do if you disagree with someone at work?
  9. Share an example of how you were able to motivate employees or co-workers.
  10. Have you handled a difficult situation? How?

Prepare: Prepare a professional example response for each question. Be brief, be brilliant and be done. 3-5 sentences on how you triumphed over each situation would be ideal.

Practice: Practice your responses. Out loud. Practice in the car, with the kids, friends, or in front of the mirror. Practice until you are confident!

Deliver: With great responses prepared, you are ready to ace the Behavioral Interview! Now deliver with confidence! Happy Interviewing!

*Top 10 Behavioral interview questions in this post from the following article: https://www.thebalancemoney.com/top-behavioral-interview-questions-2059618 

0 REPLIES 0