cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Left Unburied For > 6 months

naelouse
Visitor

There are 2 areas in my neighborhood with Mediacom coax cable lying exposed in the street between utility boxes that has remained unburied for over 8 months. I forgot when I first noticed it but it was prior to July 2023.  Let's say it's been there long enough that you can see it plainly via Google Maps Street View.  The cable spans about 150' between 4304 and 4308 South Pinebrook Lane and about 225' between 4418 and 4420 South Pinebrook Ln, Columbia, MO.  One line appears to have been cut and spliced numerous times. It was once snagged by the snow plow. The homeowners say they've contacted you numerous times without action.  I'm now continuing the attempt to get this buried. This cable and open utility boxes are a neighborhood eye sore and liability.  PLEASE schedule burying or removal of this cable if it is no longer needed.

5 REPLIES 5

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Naelouse. I apologize for the time the temporary cables have been in place. I have reported this to the construction supervisor and requested an update regarding when they will be removed. I will update you when I have more information. Thank you- Sean

Jake
Visitor

Going on four months now for a cable running across driveways in my neighborhood between boxes. I've submitted multiple tickets. My neighbors were told they are "waiting on a part" to bury the line. USIC even came and flagged / marked utilities multiple times but nothing. Idk how much longer this cable is going to withstand snowblowers...

2984 - 2976 Merced Dr, Des Moines, IA. 

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jake. I apologize for the frustration this is causing. I have reported the cable to management and will update you with any information I am provided. Thank you- Sean

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jake, the Construction Supervisor informed me he expects to have the cables at your location buried by the end of the month. Thank you- Sean