cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't Connect to IMAP Server (Mchsi) & "mail.mediacombb.net" not a valid server

David

Using Apple Mail on my iMac, and the SMTP account is connected to the server but the IMAP account remains offline. Have tried everything I can thing of (restart computer, reenter account name and password, try different account names). Nothing seems to work. I'm also getting frequent messages that "mail.mediacombb.net" isn't a valid server. 

24 REPLIES 24

MediacomTom

Hello David, Thanks for contacting us here on our Communities page and I am sorry to hear of the issues. Are you having this problem when trying to connect to your email on any other devices using a similar/same email client or is this issue limited to only the iMac? Instructions to set up the IMAP account can be found HERE. Alternatively, you can log into the email server directly via the web browser by going to http://mail.mediacombb.net/ at any time.

I'm connecting with Mediacom webmail with an iMac (IMAP) and an iPhone (POP) and an iPad (POP). The POP accounts are functioning normally. The IMAP account (mail.mediacombb.net) is offline now, while the SMTP account is online. Just went offline yesterday for some unknown reason. I've been getting pop-up messages since last summer that "Mail can't verify the identity of the server 'mail.mediacombb.net' The certificate for this server is invalild......" The certificate (njtozpxv14.mcomdc.com) doesn't show up in my Keychain so I can't alter the "trust" qualifier so that Mail ignores it. (Certificate issued by njtozldv02.mccomdc.com) I have routinely dismissed the pop-up and carried on without incident unitl yesterday. The host names, ports, and authentications for the IMAP and SMTP accounts are set per Mediacom recs. I called Mediacom today to verify and all of those elements are OK. Hope you can provide some insights. Thanks.

Thank you for that information, David. I would recommend removing the incoming mail server from the email program and then readding it as if it was brand new on the program. This should resolve the error for the certificate error.

David

Thanks for reply. The mail program won't let me delete "mail.mediacombb.net" as the IMAP host name in order to put it back into the program. Now I'm trying to figure out how to download a new server certificate. I tried creating my own certificate with that server domain but it hasn't solved the problem. This may be a problem without a solution.