cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet still high latency and now even dropping

Stcmf
Visitor

Who is in charge of the northeast North Carolina area for internet at Mediacom? I have placed so many calls and still no forward progress on repairing the issue. Since the beginning of March this has been awful internet. I pay for 1 gb service and Im lucky to get 400mb on any given day. Now the internet keeps dropping completely. 

1st the tech says your modem is bad. So I get a new modem. Doesn't change the high latency. 2nd tech comes back and says oh it's the cable to the house. lays a new cable, which by the way is still laying above ground. My neighbor is getting upset because now it's interfering with mowing th grass on his property as well as for me. 3rd the tech supervisor , or say he says, calls and says we know there is a problem and were working on it. should have a crew out there to bury the line this weekend and we'll have a crew fixing the internet connection you are experiencing. It's not your modem or the line coming up to the house its elsewhere. It's been two weekends now and not a Mediacom vehicle or tech in sight. Had an appointment today and for some reason it was cancelled. My internet is dropping about once an hour for 5 minutes at a time.  Reboots of the modem do nothing to help.

Anytime I call or text support it's the same routine that they walk you through, try rebooting, try this, try that..... If they looked at the history they would see that this is not normal and someone needs to come out and troubleshoot the line coming to my house from wherever the main closet is. If the signal is fine at the closet and it isn't good at the cable tree on the side of my property that should clue you in there is problem in between.  It's not that hard to do. I know what im talking about, I did it for 20 years in the military. I don't do that profession anymore.  

This service is awful at best. I know this won't go anywhere but venting on this forum gives me some relief that whoever in northeast NC wants to get this service, this might help them decide to look for something better. DSL is better than this. Dial-up speeds is what this compares to. It would be interesting to see if someone at Mediacom actually responds with some actions and not the typical "oh we're sorry to hear ...." 

1 REPLY 1

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Stcmf. I apologize for the issues you are having with your service and will be happy to help you get them resolved. Please email my team at TotalCare@mediacomcc.com, and we will assist you. Thank you- Sean