cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not Receiving All of my Email

FrankD

I have not been receiving all of my messages to my .mchsi email address.  I know this because I have had people and various businesses tell me they have sent me messages and I never receieved them.  Just today I had a couple of itineraries sent from American Airlines and I never received those messages.  When I had them to send the same items to my alternate outlook email address, they are received.  I never see anything in my Junk folder so they are not going there.  Any way to fix this issue?

32 REPLIES 32

Not enabled for me either, no filters yet some senders blocked, so gmail it is. Sad, I've had the same email addresses that started when it was still mchsi.com. I signed up when it first beame available in my town. They used to have a lot of connection/reliability issues that have been worked out (finally!) in my area and then this started.

Hello Spacednow. We will be happy to look into this for you. Please send an email to Totalcare@mediacomcc.com and include any bounceback emails and sender information you can provide. Thank you-  

NO need to look into it. I had gotten the answer....maybe I didn't post it in this thread. After several calls I got ahold of advanced tech support and was told emails come through another subcontracted company first and some are blocked by them. Mediacom has no control over what they block. Had to change to another email provider for emails from those, I'm slowly changing all my email but I have 100's to change. I couldn't get any email from microsoft for 2fa verification, ameren CIPS for e-billing, audiokarma to verify my email to join the forum; those off the top of my head. It was very frustrating. I was told if the company they subcontract thru gets a complaint about any sender then all emails from that sender to anyone are bounced back. I verified it on the phone with ameren support. They tried 4 different mediacombb and mchsi addresses and all the messages they send from their e-billing email address were bounced back immediately as rejected while I was on the phone with them. I gave them a google email address and it went straight thru so the problem is truly the company that mediacom contracts the email service thru.

spacednow

I had the same problem and called tech support. After 3 calls I was told all internet providers have "outside" company's they hire for email delivery to their servers (elevated tech support). If enough people report a sender as spam, the sender is blocked before it reaches Mediacom. I wasn't getting email to verify my acct for a forum, and suddenly started getting electric bills in real mail. I had been electronic billing for 2 years prior. So when I called Ameren - my email couldn't be verified - there were bounced back immediately. 2 mchsi and 3 mediacombb addresses- none will come through; but I get other emails from them sent through a different email they use. Changed it to a google email acct- it goes through. Just FYI - there is no solution to this problem, I have no filters seton mediacom, some go to my junk folder by filters on my PC, but that is through my MS outlook (office 2007) settings configured on my PC. Blocked senders by the company mediacom hires can't be unblocked

Wow. Thank you for the information. Helps explain it. Wonder why Mediacom couldn't tell me that, let alone found an override. Had already started converting all my accounts to my google email. This hassle, plus their rate increases led me to that decision. Will eventually change internet providers.