cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

supported phones S23

pamdavey

I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 phone on the Verizon network. It supports eSim. When I put the eSim number into the compatibility checker it says that Galaxy S23 is not supported. When I click Shop Devices, it says Access Denied. I would really like to switch to mediacom mobile. Why isn't my phone supported? What phones are supported?

1 REPLY 1

MediacomHeath

Hello, @pamdavey

I hope the following will help you and provide you with the answers you are looking for.  Our store to purchase phones sadly isn't open yet, but will be coming in the near future.

• Which phones are compatible with Mediacom Mobile?
  • You can bring all versions of iPhone 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, SE 2nd Gen (2020), and SE 3rd Gen (2022) models as well as select Samsung, TCL, and Google Pixel devices. Enter your phoneโ€™s IMEI number into our compatibility checker to see if your phone can work on the Mediacom Mobile network.

• What is an IMEI?
    • IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Your deviceโ€™s IMEI is a unique 15-digit number that identifies the device on a mobile network. It is the fastest, most accurate way for us to determine if your device is compatible with Mediacomโ€™s network and whether it is locked to a different carrierโ€™s network.

• How do I find my deviceโ€™s IMEI number?
  • For most devices, the IMEI number can be located by following the steps below.

• From your deviceโ€™s home screen on Iphones:
    • Select โ€œSettingsโ€
    • Select "General"
    • Select "About"
    • Scroll down to the IMEI, ESN or MEID number
      • From your deviceโ€™s home screen on Android phones:
        • Open Phone app on your Android.
          • Dial "*#06#" on your keypad.
          • A box will automatically pop up that displays several numbers, including the IMEI.
        • Or you can Open the Settings app on your Android.
          • Tap "About Phone."
          • Scroll down and you'll find the number listed under "IMEI."

• Why are some devices compatible and others arenโ€™t?
  • Not all phones are made to work on all networks. Carriers can use different network technology. When a phone is made for use on one carrier, it may not be compatible with the technology used on another.

• My phone is on your compatibility list, but itโ€™s listed as ineligible. Why?
  • Even if your device is compatible with our network, we need to make sure it is eligible to switch to our network. The most likely cause of ineligibility is that your phone is in a locked status and you will need to contact your current mobile provider to unlock the device before switching carriers.

• Does Mediacom Mobile support eSIM devices for BYOD?
  • Mediacom Mobile currently supports the following eSIM-only devices: iPhone 14 & iPhone 15 series. Mediacom also supports eSim activations on devices that have both eSim and Physical SIM cards (Devices with both eSIM and physical SIM include: all versions of iPhone 11, 12, 13 as well as select Samsung, TCL, and Google Pixel devices)