cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Encryption alert... device ordering.

Wayne

Anyone else try to order the free device for the upcoming encryption stuff? I got the alert on the main page with a link to order. Then when I try to order it, I get an error. I've tried several times over the last 2 weeks. One would think this would have been fixed by now.

2 REPLIES 2

MediacomLisa

Hello Wayne. I apologize for any issues you may be having with ordering equipment using the encryption alert. You can contact our customer service team direct 24 hours a day for assistance using our SMS text messaging option to 66554 (standard text and data rates may apply). If you have not activated this option previously, send JOIN and after our system authenticates your information, you can interact directly with a representative.

ChanceJB

Beware, this supposedly free device for encryption turns out NOT to be free, at least in my case.  We have 2 TVs that already had a box. I ordered this 'free' additional device for my analog tv and will now be charged extra monthly fee.  Supposedly one of our current boxes was already free, so they're charging for this one.  And they will try to charge to come out and install it (actually 2 devices, a modem and cable box. We don't have internet through mediacom but I was told the modem is required for the box to understand the signals). And make sure they set up cables long enough to put the modem and box where you want them.  I could do nothing with mine - the cables were so short I couldn't even place them side by side. Then they wanted to charge get another service call for putting in longer cables, which should have been done in the first place.  Even the 2nd tech was surprised they were so short. Good luck.