cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peacock 6 month free with Xumo box

Phil
Luminary lvl8

Is there a promo code I'm supposed to use to get Peacock for free for 6 months with the XUMO box? I got my XUMO box setup and created an account on Peacock but they charged me $7.99. When I started creating the Peacock account (on the XUMO box), it even said I was getting it at no charge for 6 months!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Phil
Luminary lvl8

Never mind, I see now where it says the Xumo box must be purchased. I guess this one is on me.

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Phil . Since you selected the promotional offer from Peacock during your first setup, I recommend checking with Peacock to see whether you are already registered for the promotion(link below).  If you are not, I suggest factory resetting your Xumo and then following these steps: 

1. Go To Xumo.com and log in to your Xumo Account.
  2. In the top right corner, click on your logo and click Account.
  3. At the bottom of the account screen, you will be given an option to add a payment method.
    If you don’t add the payment option in Xumo, you will not be given the option for the Free 6-month Trial with Peacock.
  4. After a Factory Reset and making a few selections, you will be given the option to Link the Device. 
  5. Once the Device is linked to the account, launch Peacock
  6. Here, you will be given the option to enter your Peacock Account email address.  
  7. After making a few selections, such as “Create Profiles,” click on “Account” in the upper right corner of the Peacock App.
  8. When you do, it allows you to click Upgrade to Premium Peacock Free for six months.

If you need further assistance with the promotional offer from Peacock, visit their support page for help managing your Peacock account. How do I check that my promotional code was successfully applied? (peacocktv.com)

Phil
Luminary lvl8

I'm not currently registered for a promotional offer with Peacock. When I first signed up, I thought I had gotten the free 6 months. But when I selected a movie to watch, it said I had to subscribe to watch. So apparently I wasn't registered for any plan. So I logged into Peacock and selected "upgrade to premium", added a payment method, and that is when they charged me $7.99. Obviously I didn't get the free 6 months so I cancelled the plan a little while later. But I still have access to premium until Oct. 8th. I think I'll wait until that subscription expires to try your suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes after Oct. 8th.