cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Eero from Mediacom’s TiVo equivelent.

RMck65

Weeks ago the Mediacom TiVo equivalent (always refurbished. Right😊). Well, it died a horrible death and took a few days to get here.  At that point we heard the ‘entertainment lovers devastating news’ that we had no choice but we are going to the network/IP driven TV/internet signal.
1) 3 days down waiting with no tv data signal.
2) So, from a customer vantage point,  “it just ain’t right that we are forced into the new layout!”  You know just under a breath between my wife and me.  Noticed, though, that there were channels that were less than acceptable.
3) after getting used to the new items, we found out crappy blurry screen was Mediacom’s original basic package with sports added on.  Our local stations and others we deemed worthwhile.  I ran the check and found these were all transmitting at 720p!
4)next up, all then Eero boxes went from white light to red light.  On the phone with Mediacom who stated they are toast.  It would be 5 days to replace.  So, now we have had 8 days without service.
5) the morning that the tech was to show up, the lights on all Eros were WHITE AND FUNCTIONING!  How can you learn and enhance troubleshooting steps when that happens.
6) When the tech was here we had him look into the 720p problem he said that someone would have come out to work on their box outside, 24 to 48 hours.  Been almost a week.
7) Now we’ve got stations that are ‘older than the hills’ problem, the darn screen is tiling (pixelating). Frozen picture with audio working, audio stops but video starts.  Total blackout with audio working.

Frustrating when they charge for everyone of the units to get a worse picture and, we understand this just for us, our bill goes up approaching $400.  Of course we are looking for user end similarities to see if there are indeed customer end tips to straighten these issues out.

1 REPLY 1

Bon3fish
Mentor lvl9

I've had a good experience with my IP box. I always select the HD version of the channels I am watching.