cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block

Tammy
Visitor

Hi.  I want to block some people from sending email to me.  How can I do that in Mediacom or do I need to change providers to do that?  Thanks.

Tammy

1 REPLY 1

SpeedGod
Visitor

Hey Tammy. You can create filters to stop messages from specific email addresses from reaching your inbox. 

1. Go to the Preferences>Filters page.

2. Click either Incoming Message Filters or Outgoing Message Filters.

3. Select Create Filter.

4. In the Filter Name text box, enter a unique name for the filter.

5. To make the filter active, check the Active box in the upper right corner.

6. Select whether the message must meet any or all the listed conditions.

any means that if a message meets any one of the conditions, the action is performed.

all means that the message must meet all of the conditions for the action to be performed.

7. From the drop-down menu, select which part of the message to apply to the filter, such as the Subject or From field.

8. Select how the item must match, such as contains or matches exactly.

9. Enter or select the information to compare against such as the date, email address, or phrase. Conditions are not case-sensitive.

For example, if you selected Subject and contains, and entered Staff Meeting, all messages containing Staff Meeting are filtered. The filter also catches Staff Meetings or Today’s Staff Meeting because you chose contains and not matches exactly.

10. (Optional) To add more conditions, click the + button and repeat the above steps. The order of the conditions does not matter.

11. Under Perform the following actions, select an action from the drop-down menu.

Depending on the action that you select, you might need to browse to locate a folder or tag name.

12.    (Optional) To add more actions, click the + button and repeat the above step. The actions are applied in the order in which they are listed.

13. The default is to stop looking for matching filters after the first match. If you want more than one filter to be applied to a message, deselect Do not process additional filters.

Note:   Usually, you do not want other filters applied to a message once there is a match because the message can undergo multiple, perhaps contradictory, actions.

14. When you are done creating the filter, click OK.

I copied these steps directly from the "Product Help" section of the webmail. I hope this helps you out. 

Product Help