cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Swap: Rented to Customer Owned

Wrinklez
Visitor

I will soon be swapping out cable modems from the Mediacom rented one, to a Customer purchased one.  The new modem will be a "Arris Surfboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem".   I was told by one of the techs on the phone yesterday that basically any DOCSIS 3.1 modem should be fine,,,  so hoping the S33 should be no issue.

Trying to research a little in advance,,  what would be the best order of procedure to do this?  Will be starting at a fully functional service setup: Cable Modem, 3 Eeros Devices and 4 IP TV boxes.

I've heard it can be done thru app/pc with no Support call needed...  others have said I will need to call Support to give #'s from the new modem.

Any input would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Wrinklez. Although the Arris S33 is not on the approved modem list, many people use it without problems. When your new modem is connected, visit https://mccprov-siwg.mediacomcc.com/#/login to activate your modem. If you are not able to reach the webpage, SMS us at 66554 or call us at 855-633-4226 to register your modem for service. You will need to provide the mac address from the modem label. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you- Sean