Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediacom Mobile FAQ-Plans

MediacomErin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mediacom MobileMediacom Mobile

As you get ready to sign of for Mediacom Mobile, you may be wondering about the plans. Here are some FAQs about our plans.

.What plans are can I choose from with Mediacom Mobile? 

Unlimited plan:

• $40.00/per line per month. Includes taxes & fees. Plus $10 activation fee.
  • Unlimited Talk & Text 
  • Unlimited Data*
  • Reliable, fast Nationwide 5G and 4G LTE
  • SD Video Streaming 
  • Wi-Fi Calling 
  • Access to Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots 
  • No Term Contracts 

* After 20GB of data usage, speeds reduced to 1Mbps down/ 512 Kbps up. Hotspot speeds reduced to 600  Kbps when usage exceeds 5GB. Click here for complete details.

By the Gig plan

• $15.00/per line per month. Includes taxes & fees. Plus $10 activation fee.
  • Unlimited Talk & Text 
  • 1GB Mobile Data- $15 each additional GB* 
  • Reliable, Fast Nationwide 5G and 4G LTE 
  • SD Video Streaming 
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • Access to Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots 
  • No Term Contracts

* After 5GB of data usage, speeds reduced to 256 Kbps and mobile hotspot reduced to 600 Kbps. Click here for complete details

Will I have Hotspot Functionality?

Yes! The Unlimited plan gives you an additional 5GB of Mobile Hotspot usage per billing cycle with speeds reduced to 600 Kbps when usage exceeds 5GB. The By the Gig plan allows you to use your current cellular data for Mobile Hotspots. The By the Gig plan is purchased in 1GB increments. If the combined data and hotspot usage exceeds 5GB, data speeds are reduced to 256 Kbps, and hotspot speeds are reduced to 600 Kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

Yes! The Unlimited plan gives you an additional 5GB of Mobile Hotspot usage per billing cycle with speeds reduced to 600 Kbps when usage exceeds 5GB. The By the Gig plan allows you to use your current cellular data for Mobile Hotspots. The By the Gig plan is purchased in 1GB increments. If the combined data and hotspot usage exceeds 5GB, data speeds are reduced to 256 Kbps, and hotspot speeds are reduced to 600 Kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

Can I choose a different plan for each line on my account?

Yes, when activating additional lines with Mediacom Mobile, you can select a different plan for each line individually.

Can I change my plan in the middle of a cycle? If so, when is that new plan active? 

Yes! You can request a plan upgrade to go from a lower data plan to a higher data plan. For example, going from the By the Gig plan to Unlimited plan. You can also request a plan downgrade anytime during your billing cycle, meaning you’ll go from a higher data plan to a lower data plan. For instance, going from the Unlimited plan to the By the Gig plan.

If you upgrade your plan you can choose to activate the new plan immediately or later. However, downgrades take effect only from the next billing cycle.

Yes! You can request a plan upgrade to go from a lower data plan to a higher data plan. For example, going from the By the Gig plan to Unlimited plan. You can also request a plan downgrade anytime during your billing cycle, meaning you’ll go from a higher data plan to a lower data plan. For instance, going from the Unlimited plan to the By the Gig plan.

If you upgrade your plan you can choose to activate the new plan immediately or later. However, downgrades take effect only from the next billing cycle. 

Does my plan roll over? 

No, your plan does not roll over to the next month. Your card on file is charged each month for the services based on the Mediacom Mobile plan you have selected.

0 REPLIES 0