Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediacom Mobile FAQ-Preparing to Switch to Mediacom Mobile

MediacomErin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mediacom MobileMediacom Mobile

You feel like you are ready to switch to Mediacom Mobile and you are almost ready to sign up! Here are some FAQ before you start the sign up process. 

When do I cancel my existing mobile service? 

If you are porting your phone number to Mediacom Mobile, do not cancel your current mobile service. Keeping your existing service active allows us to transfer your phone number to Mediacom Mobile.  Once the phone number is ported successfully your previous mobile carrier is required to cancel your service.   If you have other services like home internet with your current mobile carrier, you may need to cancel those services if you no longer require them.

If you are getting a new phone number, we suggest canceling your existing service after your new Mediacom Mobile phone number is working.

I am porting my number, will I lose service during the activation? 

While waiting for your previous mobile carrier to release your phone number, your service will continue uninterrupted. It will remain active until you receive both an in-app notification and an email confirming the successful activation of your Mediacom Mobile service. Subsequently, once you’ve been notified of the successful activation, your previous mobile carrier’s SIM will deactivate.

Throughout the activation process, it’s important to maintain connectivity to a Wi-Fi network to promptly receive notifications. Upon receiving confirmation, proceed to insert your Mediacom Mobile physical SIM or activate your eSIM.

I would like choose a number of my choice when switching to Mediacom Mobile. Can I do that? 

When purchasing a Mediacom Mobile plan, you won’t have the option to choose a specific number. Your phone number will be automatically assigned based on the Zip Code provided during activation. However, if you find yourself dissatisfied with the assigned number, you can opt to change it for a new one, even after activating the service.

When does my Mediacom Mobile service start? 

Your Mediacom Mobile service starts the moment you activate your plan. You have the flexibility to activate your Mediacom Mobile physical SIMs and eSIMs even a few days from the date of receiving them.

Does the account holder have to be active to activate additional lines? 

The primary line holder acts as the group’s account owner, possessing the authority to oversee all account-level activities. This includes managing plans, data packs and handling issue resolutions for other lines within the group. To initiate these actions and supervise related services, the primary line holder must first activate their line and become an active Mediacom Mobile customer.

0 REPLIES 0