cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Boxes Standby Mode

Sgoshert

We recently got 3 of the new IP boxes.  Does anyone else have trouble with them popping up a message saying "This box is going into standby.  Press OK to continue watching"?  All 3 do this randomly while we are actively watching a show.  How annoying!  Customer Service could only say to send out a tech.  No Help!!!  Anyone have a fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4

MediacomTom_

Hello Sgoshert. To disable the energy or screen saver modes press the TiVo button>Menu>Settings>Device Settings>Device Preferences. From here scroll down to Screen saver or Energy saver options. You can try changing the times to a longer time-frame or never to disable that feature altogether.

patandtam
Trailblazer lvl7

I am having the same issue as we leave our TV on a music channel all day while we are at work for our 19 year old cat. I have talked to Mediacom for a 3rd time and they have given me the same instructions below but the box still shuts down with a random photo on the screen after 4 hours. I'm now told that there is nothing you can do to keep this from happening. 😡

TechyJoe
Mentor lvl9

I played with mine yesterday to see if I could find an easy workaround. I enabled developer mode in device preferences and set it to "Stay Awake" in the developer options. Unfortunately, it prompted me to confirm I was still there after several hours. 

Thank you for trying!