cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New ip.box hdcp error

Jhill1978
Visitor

Got one of the new evoforce1 boxes and it worked for an hour or two. Tech left and now I'm getting v60 error saying to change my hdmi cord because of an error in hdcp. Tech came out again and no luck. I got a splitter but it didn't have an hdcp bypass. I've tried different hdmi cords and ports in my brand new Sony bravia. I dont want to spend more money to get my cable to work, any help?

1 REPLY 1

MediacomHeath

Good afternoon, @Jhill1978

I am sorry to hear about this issue. HDCP is a digital copy protection system developed by Intel Corporation. Its purpose is to prevent unauthorized copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across various connections. It's like a handshake between devices. For some reason, it appears this isn't working properly.  

I am uncertain on what you had meant by this statment.

@Jhill1978 wrote:

I got a splitter but it didn't have an hdcp bypass. 

If you have an HDMI splitter or switch that isn't allowing HDCP to go through, this device might be the cause of this. Try bypassing this device and plug directly into your tv's HDMI port.

If you don't have a splitter, I would recommend that you have us swap out your Xtream1 box for a new one.  

Thanks,

Heath