cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xtreme IP Cable Box Remote assignment

Wrinklez
Luminary lvl8

I have a question on the Remote Control with the Mediacom IP Cable Boxes.  I have 4 of them.  3 of them are working as they should.   I have One of them that apparently has a misconfigured "Power" button.  When I hit the "Power" button on the IP box's remote control, it shuts the Power to the Cable Box off, and Leaves the Power to the actual Television still "On".  The other 3 all turn the Television's Power Off with the "Power" button.  The "pairing" process was done at the initial installation of all the boxes.  I don't see anything in a Menu that allows me to change this setting, or to re-learn the function.  How do I make this IP Box remote turn my TV off, and not the IP Box?

6 REPLIES 6

brandijo

I just had the new IP box put in but the smaller remote they gave me doesn't have the option to turn on the voice when changing channels. My mom is blind and relies on that to know what is on the channels she goes to. Can I pair a different remote with the new IP box?

@brandijo you should be able to turn that funtion on for the new box.  While watching live TV, press and hold the "i" button on the remote.  A menu should appear on the bottom of the screen.  Then select turn screen reader on.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

Heath