cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnects

rinnles
Trailblazer lvl7

my Internet appears to lag, sometimes even downright disconnect, every 20-40 minutes kicking me off whatever I was doing. 

I called support and they sent someone out but they didn't have much to say, did something to the gateway and changed out a splitter. however I'm still getting these disconnects

Does anyone know what could cause this? I have a ubee gateway and computers connected thru Ethernet 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SpeedGod
Champion lvl10

@rinnles If the "online" light on your modem is turning off, or you are losing connection on all devices when this happens, I would have a technician return. If the light is not going off, and you are only losing connection on one device, check your ethernet cables to ensure they are securely connected and rated Cat-5e or Cat-6, and check for unwanted programs or devices that may be impacting the performance of your connection. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SpeedGod
Champion lvl10

@rinnles If the "online" light on your modem is turning off, or you are losing connection on all devices when this happens, I would have a technician return. If the light is not going off, and you are only losing connection on one device, check your ethernet cables to ensure they are securely connected and rated Cat-5e or Cat-6, and check for unwanted programs or devices that may be impacting the performance of your connection. 

rinnles
Trailblazer lvl7

time for another technician 😩