cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deco XE5300 router won't connect

rhino143
Trailblazer lvl7

Recently had an issue where my modem was de-provisioned.  I had Mediacom provision it again and can get internet by connecting with cable.  However, when I connect with a Deco XE5300 router it does not have internet.  I RMA'd the routers thinking that was the issue but it did not fix it.  I had a MediaCom rep come out and tell me the line is fine and issue must be in modem.  I received and provisioned a new modem but the router still won't connect.  When I try to troubleshoot the modem with the Mediacom app I get the following error, "We are unable to receive a signal from your modem.".  I can't help but think the issue is with MediaCom, but I don't know how to troubleshoot more.

4 REPLIES 4

SpeedGod
Champion lvl10

@rhino143 You have confirmed that the internet is working, so you can disregard what the app troubleshooter is reporting. You may get that message in the troubleshooter if you are using a modem that is not provided by Mediacom. Make sure that your router is set to detect IP addresses automatically, and that it is enabled for both IPv4 and IPv6 "dynamic" connectivity. 

rhino143
Trailblazer lvl7

Thanks for the suggestion in IPv6.  I went in and verified it detects IP addresses automatically.  I also enabled IPv6 on the routers.  I still have a red light and no internet through the routers.

I went into the modem and checked the log and see these: 

US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 8; Previous Profile: 9 13; New Profile: 10 13.;CM-MAC=X;CMTS-MAC=Y;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=X;CMTS-MAC=Y;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

In the previous modem and this one I also see a lot of Uncorrectables in the downstream channels.  I showed that to the rep when they were at my house but he attributed those to a bad modem.

He was also concerned about the upstream power levels.  My current ones are:

1: 42.5
2: 40.8
7: 38.0

Is it possible for something on MediaCom's side that could block the wifi routers from connecting?

That is not likely. Any device you connect to your modem should have internet access. I suggest contacting TP-Link for support. 

MediacomHeath

@rhino143 Please call us at 800-332-0245 and have us check to see if the modem is Baselined. If it isn't, have us do that and then try to connect the Deco again to the modem. After connecting it to the modem, restart the modem. Wait for the modem to restore connection and then go through the Deco setup. I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Heath