cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overages and dropped signal

Clcole
Visitor

Since April I have had outrageous overages. Like talking $100 in overage fees. I’ve contacted Mediacom over and over and over again about it, and the only thing they can tell me is just hope for the best next month that it doesn’t happen. I need help and idea on what I can do? I’ve disconnected devices and it just gets worse honestly. 

then on top of all that my internet stops working every single day. It’s to the point I’m just fed up. I’m fed up that Mediacom also refuses to even try and work with me. From other posts it’s the router I’m assuming, but why have I paid over $300 for a router that doesn’t last? 

5 REPLIES 5

ejbpesca
Visitor

You wrote: "then on top of all that my internet stops working every single day."  

It has been my experience that the line to your residence can cause intermittent loss of signal due to its age and/or condition.  The cable and its connectors corrode causing loss of signal.  Make a service call each time the signal is lost unless your Medicom App indicated there is an outage in your area that is being addressed.  It has been my experience that some technicians will recognize the need for a new line and connections, others may not.  A fresh coax cable to the router/modem can be the remedy for a weak signal that drops off.  Consider how old your cable is and tell the service technician, or any other concerned party, its age.