cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Extreme 1box

Kayknerr

I am extremely disappointed in the way Medicom decided that every TV in the home had to have a 1box or we weren't going to be able to receive any channels. Oh, well they have some of us over a barrel and we have no choice.  The new box is a joke. I hate commercials,  but when you have to sit and wait in the middle of the show you are watching to have video load. Which can take a few minutes, I will take commercials any time. As soon as I can find another provider I am leaving Mediacom for good, which is sad because I have been a customer for over 20 years.  They need to start thinking about the consumer instead of making millions. 

5 REPLIES 5

MediacomTom_

We appreciate your feedback, Kayknerr. I can assure you this was not a decision made lightly. We understand not all technology changes are ideal for all customers, but this looks to be the direction the cable market is moving and we are working to make sure we accommodate our customers as best we can during this transition. 

lynnie53
Trailblazer lvl7

Just installed new box. My 3 other tvs won't work. Message says can't find dvr14a8. That is my old box. Are these compatible with new box? How do I fix issue

Jonnr

I am dissapointed that for the month of October, I am paying for 170+ channels and receiving only 50. That's like going to Walmart and they charge me for 4 bananas when I'm only buying one.

I've found my solution: You Tube TV. I can watch all of the "local" channels plus every thing and more that mediacom cable offers. Also, I can record on the "library" from any of my six TVs. When I go to Arizona in the Winter, I can change Zip codes and get the local channels there.

MediacomErin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Jonnr 
I apologize for the experience and any issues. Please email my team at Totalcare@mediacomcc.com with your concerns and preferred contact information and we can also go over the options for cable service to best suit your needs.
Thank you
- Erin