cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Extreme 1box

Kayknerr

I am extremely disappointed in the way Medicom decided that every TV in the home had to have a 1box or we weren't going to be able to receive any channels. Oh, well they have some of us over a barrel and we have no choice.  The new box is a joke. I hate commercials,  but when you have to sit and wait in the middle of the show you are watching to have video load. Which can take a few minutes, I will take commercials any time. As soon as I can find another provider I am leaving Mediacom for good, which is sad because I have been a customer for over 20 years.  They need to start thinking about the consumer instead of making millions. 

5 REPLIES 5

stpndeep

So I’ve never needed a “box” for the channels I watched regularly. There are very few channels that I actually watch. The majority of the time it’s CNBC,  the History Channel and a major network on occasion. Well with the new box I no longer receive CNBC or the History Channel. So I’ve effectively lost 60% of my value and I have the addition of a box I don’t care for. I get the technical reasons for the change, I’m not a tech neophyte. I look to my tech to add value in my life and this change does not for me. Sure, I could spend more to get the channels back I watch but that would effectively reduce the ratio of channels I watch to the channels I pay for. Further diluting the value of my over 30 year cable tv subscription, which it really isn’t any longer, it’s a an internet stream. I never considered it a good value, but there is no convenience that you should tolerate a 60% decrease in service and walk away smiling. So shopping I go to find a tech solution that adds value without wasting more money to get back what I once had.