cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price and new digital boxes

Randy
Luminary lvl8

I  feel Mediacom is really shafting their customers by charging $9.99 per month per box for every new digital box they are making us use now. I as a customer pay $330 per month for their service, which comes to $4044 per year. At that price we should not have to pay for their equiptment thay are forcing us to now use. The $330 per month should be for all their service and the equiptment should come with their service

8 REPLIES 8

@Randy You can get live TV with the Xtream app. Description of the apps are here: https://community.mediacomcable.com/t5/knowledge-base/xtreamtv-mobile-app-update/ta-p/3157

The Xtream TV app will give you live tv while on your home network. It's an app just like hulu, netflix, ect but the difference is that its free. You just need to log in with your mediacom credentials and you're set. You can "cast" it to your tv or just download the app to your tv. The only things you need to keep in mind is that the app cannot be downloaded on the Roku platform and you cannot use this app to stream live tv while away from your home. In those circumstances you can still take advantage of the broadcasters apps like ESPN Go or TNT app. They just require you to log in with your Mediacom credentials.

Then why did mediacom rent me 5 boxes and said that’s the only way in can keep my regular plan?

Randy
Luminary lvl8

I went to our local Mediacom office and they told me if I have five TVs that one of my box has a TiVo box but that I have to order four more extreme one boxes to get TV. Then I called the Mediacom hotline and they said the exact same thing. And now I got response on this site from a young lady, which I thank, and she says all I need is one box and then I can download the extreme app and I do not need all those boxes. I will try her advice and then question Mediacom hotline and main office as to why They said I need a new extreme one box for every TV