cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price and new digital boxes

Randy
Luminary lvl8

I  feel Mediacom is really shafting their customers by charging $9.99 per month per box for every new digital box they are making us use now. I as a customer pay $330 per month for their service, which comes to $4044 per year. At that price we should not have to pay for their equiptment thay are forcing us to now use. The $330 per month should be for all their service and the equiptment should come with their service

14 REPLIES 14

Randy
Luminary lvl8

We were told we needed the new digital box in June or we’d loose our picture. So I got the new boxes and are paying for them. Here it is late August and the tv’s are still working without new boxes. So do you need new boxes or not?

erisred
Trailblazer lvl7

I have a Tivo Bolt and subscription with TIVO with a cable card from Mediacom installed in it. Am I going to need some sort of cable box from Mediacom now also, and how will it work with my exiting Tivo?

Hello, @erisred. Mediacom isn't issuing or supporting cable cards anymore. If you want cable TV service, you need at least one box from Mediacom. For additional TVs, you can either get boxes or use the Mediacom app on a Chromecast or other streaming device. The app info is here: https://community.mediacomcable.com/t5/knowledge-base/xtreamtv-app-update/ta-p/3157

erisred
Trailblazer lvl7

Let's try this again.

I want to continue my cable TV service with Mediacom.

I OWN a Tivo Bolt and pay Tivo a yearly subscription and I want to continue to use my Tivo Bolt to watch, schedule and record shows.

You say that going forward, I need at least one "box" from Mediacom.

What Box do I need to rent from Mediacom to continue doing this? I'll need something more than an "app" as described in the knowledge base article you mentioned, I'll need a "box" to put said app on, right?

Mediacom is issuing eBoxes and IP TV boxes for video. The app can be installed on streaming devices like Chromecast.