cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get upgraded?

Ringthane
Visitor

I called in Wednesday night to cancel my cable TV and phone, and keep only my internet.  The rep said they would be cancelled, and then set me up with an upgrade to 1Gig internet and the Wifi thing.  She said I was supposed to be getting a modem shipped to me that I'd be renting, and also the wifi stuff.  Well, today I checked - my TV and phone are still one, I'm still at the 300 down I was at before the call, and I have no new modem - just the wifi stuff.  So how long does it take to get the changes processed and the equipment I need?  Is there a secret code word I have to use to get the changes to go through?  I don't want TV.  I never use the phone.  I just want internet.  300 down, 1Gig down, I don't care.

Would it be quicker to do this in person?  Or do I have to call again?  If I call, what guarantee do I have that it will be done this time?  

5 REPLIES 5

MediacomScott

Hello, and thank you for posting. In many cases, the order is expected to be completed once all of the equipment has arrived. If you recently obtained the new equipment you should be able to set it up and the changes go into effect within 24-48 hours. If you would like us to complete your change of service sooner you can text(http://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5109) at your convenience. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Ringthane
Visitor

It looks like the changeover happened and everything is right there.  But I still don't have a new modem - just the eero thing.  I thought that was for wifi - is that the modem too?  Or do I have to stop into a location to get that?  I haven't hooked the eero up because I thought it was the wifi device.  And how long do I have to turn in the TV equipment now that it's off?  

Hello Ringthane, The Eero device(s) are the wireless networking equipment that will connect behind the modem and provide you wi-fi. The Eero self-install guide can be found HERE. We request that the equipment for the disconnected line of service is returned ASAP. 

OK, but what about the modem?  My current one is owned by me and is Docsis 3.0. Since I'm being charged for modem rental,  I assumed you'd be sending me a new one that's compatible with 1G down. I have an old Mediacom modem on my account,  but that's from 2015 or so.  Probably doesn't work with 1G, and it didn't really work when I tried it then. So am I getting a new one,  or do I need to buy one?  And if I need to buy one,  why am I being charged a rental fee?