cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails sent but not received by only 1 contact

me1
Luminary lvl8

my daily emails to 1 friend are sent, but some days the person does not receive my email. i have checked with Mediacom and was told there is no problem from my end. we have been exchanging  daily emails for years.  we use reply to exchange messages starting a new string about every 2 wks.  starting in May '24 only a few emails weren't received and i resent email and it was received....it has gotten worse over time and as of today 7/30/24 the contact has not received 4 days of my replies or re-sends. friend is using small town library wifi from the parking lot in the early morning.  i always get friend's daily emails.  i send replies late afternoon but the time when emails are received may be midnight or later. friend's carrier is Yahoo; location of contact is S. of Lake Erie in NY. i have suggested that friend use library computer to see what shows up in their email.  thank you...but according to Mediacom, there is nothing i need to change from my location using a laptop with os7. i use Advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

me1
Luminary lvl8

friend started using gmail acct. and we are back in daily communication.  no problem with Mediacom has to be with Yahoo settings or whoever carrier is.  so thank you...problem solved until it isn't.  will use this site again tho....interested in other questions asked on forum.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PensacolaMan
Luminary lvl8

Hello @me1. I suggest telling your friend to check their spam folder for missing emails and review their filters to see if the emails are being redirected to another folder. 

thank you...they said the have checked spam and trash...friend would not know how to review their filters, but i had not thought of that and will suggest it.  account is with Yahoo and i believe carrier most likely Comcast...have googled to see if there are problems inter connecting.  seems odd when they do get my emails, the time sent or when rec'd is  different from when i actually sent.  tnx 😊

me1
Luminary lvl8

friend started using gmail acct. and we are back in daily communication.  no problem with Mediacom has to be with Yahoo settings or whoever carrier is.  so thank you...problem solved until it isn't.  will use this site again tho....interested in other questions asked on forum.