cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet hangs

nicknanosun
Trailblazer lvl7

Any ideas why my new mediacom subscription worked great first couple of weeks until past week watching an online tutorial often hangs and I have to refresh that page (Ctrl+ circle on page).

Same for watching prime videos,  it pauses/hangs for seconds and seconds then continues or totally gets out of current video.

PC is connected directly e-net black cable modem,  TV e-net to 2nd white WI-FI box.

3 REPLIES 3

HighTech
Champion lvl10

Hey nicknanosun. If problems persist even after troubleshooting the modem, router, and devices, I'd reach out to Mediacom and request a service tech. The tech should be able to check your modem, connectors, cabling, and signals on site. 

• Call Customer Service / Technical Support:  1-855-633-4226
  • Via Molli our SMS Text Messaging Contact: Text to 66554

nicknanosun
Trailblazer lvl7

Not really, to open ended.

MediacomHeath

@nicknanosun 

Please ensure that only one device is plugged into your modem and not two.  Only 1 eero/device can be plugged into the modem.  Connecting more to the modem can and eventually will cause you problems.  

Here is a link to an article that explains why. 

If you are out of ports on your eero, you may need to purchase a 4 or 5 port unmanaged switch.

If the internet does continue to "hang", definitely reach out to us as HighTech stated.

• Call Customer Service / Technical Support:  1-855-633-4226
  • Via Molli our SMS Text Messaging Contact: Text to 66554