cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pluto TV App problems

SirMatthewKBE
Luminary lvl8

I have finally adjusted to streaming, although I never thought I would.  HOWEVER, I am having problems with the Pluto tv app on the XTREAM box.  When I first load it, it ALWAYS says "Can't connect....." and then I hit "Try again" and then it works, although, lately, it's been not loading right.  When I login to Pluto on my computer, it works just fine! It has to be something with the box.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Pluto app.  I know it's up to date, too, because it's set to auto update.  I've tried clearing the data on the app, and I still get errors.  I just bought a brand new cable to connect the box to my tv and I have only had the XTREAM box since June, and I didn't even look at the Pluto TV app until July sometime.  Any ideas what I can do? Amazon Prime and PBS Passport both work fine on there.  I really do not believe Pluto TV is the problem but I'm at my wits' end.  I have refreshed account/user data, I've unplugged the power and the hdmi, also and still.  It worked FLAWLESSLY (after the initial can't connect thing) until about a week ago.   I should note that I am using an ethernet cable, not wireless for the box, because overall, performance was better with the ethernet cable.  However, when I use my computer, it's wireless.  That's what is confusing me.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Bon3fish
Mentor lvl9

Hey @SirMatthewKBE, you've completed all the troubleshooting and proved the app works on other devices, so I would swap out the box. I have IP boxes, too, and PlutoTV works fine. 

Thanks.  I'll contact Mediacom about getting new one.  It's so frustrating to have it just stop working like that! I have about 30 shows I want to watch that are on demand, plus I LOVE Star Trek DS9 and I've watched it from start to finish at least three times in a row and I still can't get enough of it.