cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xtream1 Remote won't control my TV

SirMatthewKBE
Luminary lvl8

I've gone through the process about a dozen times.  The Xtream1/tivo remote with my new xtream1 remote will not control the volume, mute, power on my television.  For now, I just have my tv remote handy but is there a way that I can fix this? I have an RCA tv, but no matter what I do when it asks me to test the volume and the mute, it ignores my answer of "no"  on whether or not it works, and it just exits out and says it's working.  Except, of course, it isn't.  It's not a HUGE deal to have a separate remote, but I would like to be able to put the other one aside.  

1 REPLY 1

SpeedGod
Champion lvl10

@SirMatthewKBE . I suggest trying codes for manufacturers other than RCA because you might find one that works. After you press "OK" to test and select "No" when asked, "Did it work?", it should revert to the screen that says, "Press OK to test." This tests a different code for that manufacturer each time.  You may try a factory reset if the setup does not allow you to test more codes. Go to device preferences, then about, and select factory reset.