Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediacom Mobile FAQ-Getting Started

MediacomErin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mediacom MobileMediacom Mobile

With Mediacom Mobile launched in a number of service areas, there are bound to be questions. Here are some frequently asked questions about getting started with Mediacom Mobile. 

Am I eligible for Mediacom Mobile service? 

The Mediacom Mobile service is exclusively offered to customers who are active Mediacom service users. This ensures that our mobile offerings complement our other existing services, providing a comprehensive experience to our valued customers.

Do I have Mediacom Mobile coverage in my area? 

To verify Mediacom Mobile service availability in your area, click here. We suggest trying various addresses or zip codes, including your home, work and other frequented locations, to ensure coverage wherever you go.

Is there a term contract I need to enter to receive service?

Mediacom Mobile doesn’t require any term contracts for its services. You can freely enjoy Mediacom Mobile service without being bound by a long-term commitment. Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact our Mediacom Mobile Customer Care Team at 855-699-6655 for prompt support and guidance.

Can I bring my current phone number? 

Yes, you have the option to keep your current phone number when switching to Mediacom Mobile. This process is commonly referred to as ‘porting’. To initiate the number porting process, please have the following information ready:

Current Carrier Information: Provide the name of your current carrier, along with the account number and transfer PIN. If you’re unsure where to find this information, we’ve prepared a helpful article that outlines the location and process of locating these details for various carriers.

Billing Zip Code: Share the billing Zip Code associated with your current account.

Phone Number: Inform us which phone number you wish to transfer (port) to Mediacom Mobile.

With these details in hand, you’re all set to seamlessly transition to Mediacom Mobile!

Are there any charges associated with leaving my current carrier for Mediacom Mobile? 

For the most accurate information, it’s best to get in touch with your current mobile carrier’s customer support team, as they can provide information tailored to your situation. Most charges today are from phone contracts, and below are the types of fees you could have with any carrier:

Early termination fees: These fees can vary and may involve device payments.

Contract status: If you’re under contract with your carrier and your device is yet to be paid off, you might have to pay some fees for switching.

If you need more help, reach out to the Mediacom Mobile Customer Care Team at 855-699-6655 for assistance

Can I get a new number with Mediacom Mobile? 

Absolutely! Before you activate your Mediacom Mobile SIM, you’ll have the choice to request a new phone number. Just input your Zip Code and select the “GET A NEW NUMBER” option. We’ll generate a new number for you based on the Zip Code and its availability within your specific area code. This way, you can get a new  phone number tailored to your location.

0 REPLIES 0