cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best 3.1 modem to purchase.

wrh7787
Trailblazer lvl7

Hello-

I am looking to update my ten year old ARRIS cable modem and was wondering what is the best all around modem i should be looking at? If you go pricing it ranges everywhere from 100 to 400 dollars and i would prefer to stay under 200.00 but dont know which brand and modem is the best to be looking at- 

So far i have been looking at the Arris S33, netgear cm1000 or cm2000 and the Motorola MB8600 and the prices are all over the board so i was just kind of hoping Sean or someone would have a idea what I should be looking at. 

Thank you for the help!

Bill

5 REPLIES 5

HighTech
Champion lvl10

Hey wrh7787, compatible modem list can be found here and also here

I'd say any ARRIS, Motorola, or Netgear modem would be solid since they are reputable brands; whatever fits your budget

Rando

I'm in the exact same situation, Bill! Hopefully someone can give us some guidance soon.

wrh7787
Trailblazer lvl7

Hi Rando-

Yeah its a sea of a million modems out there lol... I would go to a Best Buy and get a idea but they have all closed near us. 

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Wrh7787. Many of our customers use Arris modems without any complaint, and if you have been satisfied with your Arris for ten years, that may be the best choice for you. Personally, I like to use a separate modem and Wi-Fi router because the lifetime of a modem tends to be longer than that of Wi-Fi. I do recommend sticking with the modems listed on the Compatible Retail Modems document.  -Sean