cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a couple of things: 1. Been having internet issues last few days.

Visitor

Very low up/down when connected.  

2.  Connection drops frequently.  

I'm talking a 20% chance able to stream on tv.  I'm talking trying to load a regular website and it takes as long as when I was using dialup (yep that old).  

Its obviously a problem related to the strong winds we have experienced the couple of days. Probably just a loose connection somewhere along the line. I tried the online "troubleshooting", but it did not have any effect.  I am not going to schedule an appointment to have a tech come out because I know that the problem will be "a splitter Inside the house", or "a degraded line" once the signal reached the modem. "here's your bill".  I wonder why Mediacom has put the onus on the customer (by charging a fee for a tech to come out) instead of confessing what is obviously true? A company unwilling to maintain or even upgrade the infrastructure supporting the "product" they are providing, is a company that looks only at the short term goal of showing profits on a spreadsheet.   

2 REPLIES 2

Visitor

I guess the real question is, can't mediacom see the same things we are seeing?  Why do they have to come to the house to see a signal strength drop from the pole or even before the pole?  I would guess they can, but doing so would mean a loss of a revenue.

MediacomSean
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, 88. I apologize for the issue you are having. Our systems are monitored, and technicians are dispatched to address system issues that are detected or reported to us regularly. But, if you are experiencing a continuous problem that basic troubleshooting steps have not corrected, I recommend arranging a service appointment. A fee for the service appointment will not be applied unless the problem is determined not to be caused by Mediacom services or equipment. I am sorry for the frustration this is causing. If the problem persists, please text us at 66554, and we will assist you. Thank you- Sean