Knowledge Base
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Articles

How to choose the right internet package!

Choosing the right internet-CopilotQuestion How do I know which of Mediacom's internet packages is right for me?  Answer Several factors must be considered when picking the correct internet package to meet your needs and be cost-effective.  Usage ...

Choosing the right internet package.PNG

How do I set Mediacom Mobile as my Default line on IOS?

Answer To set Mediacom Mobile as your default line on iOS, follow these steps: From your Home screen, go to Settings > Cellular.If you can’t find the Settings app on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library. Tap “Default Voice Line.”No...

Mobile Logo.JPG

Will I lose cell phone service during activation?

Answer While waiting for your previous mobile carrier to release your phone number, your service will continue uninterrupted. It will remain active until you receive both an in-app notification and an email confirming the successful activation of yo...

Mobile Logo.JPG

Is my cell phone compatible with ESIM?

Answer To check if your device is compatible with eSIM, you need to find your EID number.   For Android:   Go to Settings >Tap About Phone > Tap Status information > If you see an EID number, your phone is eSIM-compatible.       For iOS: Go to S...

MediacomHeath_0-1720288480982.png MediacomHeath_1-1720288480970.png Mobile Logo.JPG

How do I activate my service on Mediacom Mobile?

To activate your physical SIM, here are the steps you need to follow: You’ll need a Mediacom Mobile compatible device, Mediacom Mobile Welcome Kit, and Wifi service. Click here to begin the activation process. Verify details and select your phone nu...

Mobile Logo.JPG

How can I determine if my cell phone is unlocked?

Answer An unlocked phone is one that isn’t tied to a specific mobile carrier or network. This means it can be used with different carriers by simply inserting/activating a compatible SIM. To determine if your phone is unlocked and ready for use with...

Mobile Logo.JPG

How To Forget A Wi-Fi Network On The Xtream IP Box

Question How To Forget A Wi-Fi Network On The Xtream IP Box? Answer Locate the settings menu.Select device settings.Locate the network & internet option.Select your current Wi-Fi network.Scroll down towards the bottom and select “Forget Network”.F...

Xtream1 IP Box Network & Internet.PNG

Managing Caller ID Preferences

Question How do you manage your Caller ID preferences on the home phone service? Answer Managing Caller ID Preferences Customers can use our CommPortal tool to manage several phone settings, including Caller ID. Login at https://mediacomcable.com/...

MediacomHeath_0-1718145991988.png

Mediacom Connect Mobile Care App

Question What is the app to access my Mediacom account? Answer MobileCare App Icon  Mediacom Connect Mobile Care app allows you to do everything you can do in My Account, but with the convenience of an app you can use on the go; which allows you t...

Mediacom Connect.JPG mobile_care_overview.png mobile_care_datausage.png mobile_care_troubleshoot.png

What is Xtream Connect?

Xtream Connect is Mediacom’s new, affordable internet plan for qualifying customers. No DepositNo ContractsNo Downstream Usage LimitsNo Installation fees The plan offers up to 100Mbps download and 20Mbps upload speeds and costs $28.99 per month...

Xtreamconnect.png

Mediacom Modem Self Installation

Question How do you self install a modem? Answer Quick and Easy Mediacom Modem Self-Installation Guide Step 1: Ensure your Mediacom service is active. Ready to set up your new modem? Let’s get started! Step 2: Establish Connections Coaxial Cable: ...

MediacomHeath_1-1708117214083.jpeg

No 2FA Text Received from Mediacom

Question Why am I not able to receive the 2FA text from Mediacom? Answer There are a few things that may be happening. First, if you have not registered your number for SMS with us or requested to "stop" SMS, the two-factor authentication message ...

MediacomHeath_1-1708117214083.jpeg

Creating a Mediacom ID

Complete these steps to create a Mediacom ID: Step 1: Go to support.mediacomcable.com/Registration, enter your Mediacom billing account number, and check the box next to 'I'm not a robot.' Step 2: Enter your first and last name, existing email addr...

mediacomidstep1.png mediacomedstep2.png mediacomidstep3.png mediacomidstep4.png
Top Contributors